AIRCRAFT NOISE MONITORS
The Port Authority’s Airport Noise and Operations Management System (ANOMS) collects data from noise monitors installed in the communities, and links noise events and complaints to specific aircraft operations.
Port Authority maintains a network of noise monitors in communities near its airports to:
- Determine the contribution of aircraft noise to the overall noise that a community is exposed to
- Provide information to the community about aircraft noise and operations
- Monitor trends in aircraft noise in a given community
- Generate monthly noise monitoring summary reports to disseminate to community stakeholders
- Monitor compliance with the noise departure limit.
Click on each airport below to view the noise monitor locations: